Amelia Earhart

Friday, September 08, 2006

Attention


That caught your attention, didn't it? Chuckles.

That's what I've been getting a lot lately. And that's why I've lagged in posting an entry here!

It has been a crazy few weeks here - with my best friend, N, dropping by unexpectedly (all the way from Houston!) last weekend. Along with her, she brought her little sister (okay, not so little anymore, now that she's 19!) and her new beau (an okay Norwegian guy). Plus my other best friend, S, I've been split in so many directions!

S has been acting up, because (I know this for a fact, not her best friend for nothing) she feels left out in all the frenzied excitement (even though I tried my darnest to include her in our plans). But the storm is blowing over - N has left and I've agreed to go to a Westlife concert (which I clearly won't enjoy) with S tomorrow.

Boy, what a fabulous weekend I've had! N, who has made good, has shared some of that with me. Stayed at the Marriott, did the whole fine dining, spa and clubbing thing. Even allowed myself to splurge on a $300+ Kate Spade bag! Felt like a little rich girl and was even treated like one. And I'm not just talking about the doorman.

I met two guys, who are as different as, oh well, Elijah Wood and Owen Wilson (mind you, I've not dated for a whole year after that bad break-up last year and suddenly in one weekend, I bagged not one, but two suitors). Elijah, let's call him that, owns a car company (and has been shuttling me in different vintage cars, which he swore is his) and Owen is an engineer by day and deejay by night. They've got brains, that's for sure (otherwise, I won't be interested).

I just came back from a date with Elijah (he has been so sweet, he had even bought me a rose). He took me to this al fresco eatery just next to a Thai kickboxing ring somewhere off the beaten track. Although there was no sparring going on, it certainly made for an interesting ambience! Then, he sent me home (right to my doorstep) and called me "princess" (haha, how's that for an ego booster). Then, Owen called me, wanting to take me on a trip (presumably, all expenses paid?) to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia over this weekend (which I'm still undecided). He's been calling, asking me to hang out with him (at his club, I'm treated like a princess) and even talking about kids and the L word!

Man, are these guys for real? (FYI, they know I'm not rich). But you know what, I really don't care. Why? Because after having been treated shabbily by my past boyfriends, I believe I deserve some tender loving care.

It's about time.

5 Comments:

Blogger pingcat said...

Cool on the Houston connection - I think I mentioned my niece lives there. She will be visiting the nephew who is in Singapore, next spring.

As far as the guys go - well "it never rains but it pours" and "all good things to those who wait" I guess.

Welcome back to blog-ville

4:11 am  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Welcome back & glad you were having so much fun!

9:40 am  
Blogger Quodlibet said...

Well, I'm happy to hear that you have been having some fun in your absence! Good to have you back!

11:52 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my.
I guess your dry spell is over.
Have fun

4:12 am  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Aw, hooray for girlfriend visits!! At least you have a good exuse for not blogging ;)

5:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home