Amelia Earhart

Friday, April 28, 2006

Listless

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm bored. Me, who always finds something to do or find solace in just lounging in my nice four-poster bed, sipping ice tea, eyes on a novel.

But I just can't get into the Virginia Woolf paperback I'm currently halfway through, ice tea just doesn't taste appealing and I'm tossing and turning on the mattress.

It's past midnight here, and I can't think of anything else to do. If I did, then I wouldn't be here moping around (bear with me).

Let's see, what did I do today. I was roused by the alarm at 6.30am, just couldn't muster the energy to haul myself out of bed and convinced myself I would be able to in five more minutes. Wrong. I woke up at 8.30, made it to work by 9.30am, an hour past the official time.

Today was deadline day. And my clients were giving me a headache - and a heartache. This is something I got to get used to - working closely with clients, something, which I never had to do much before (until the job transfer).

Somehow I managed to plough through work - even unhooked the phone for awhile to have an undisturbed, peace of mind while trying to tie the loose ends. As usual, my boss was out for meetings. I had to email her just to get a simple message across.

I was craving for a cigarette, but I held myself back - until a colleague bumped into me on my way out of the ladies and offered, "You look like you need a puff." I caved in.

I finished work at five minutes to 6pm, official knock-off time, brilliant, now what did I do. I looked at my desk at a state of disarray. It looked worse than my room. But if I tried to do something, then I wouldn't make it (have this obsessive-compulsive disorder to finish what I start) to my salsa class. So, I powdered my nose instead.

Did my usual salsa routine, but felt bored. Skipped dinner and went straight home, feeling really bored. Watched Lost and Law & Order, and felt bored.

Thought about the weekend - this is my schedule on sat: Topshop closed-door shopping and grooming (occasional perk that comes with the job), aerobics and light training class, hair appointment (getting a Japanese perm), dinner with old friend from my restaurant days, movies and then drinks. Sounds like a fun urbanite lifestyle, yes? But I still feel bored.

So, what would undo my boredom? A backpacking trip in Italy (Milan, Venice, Rome and Florence). Yes, that's what I really, really, really want. Now. Right now. I want adventure, unpredictability and romanticism. Even if it's all just in my head. (The last holiday was a year ago, in Sydney, Australia, where I fought everyday with my ex-bf).

Can someone tell my boss to let me go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Guys, visit ex-homeless dude Andrew at his newfound home http://4thavenueblues.blogspot.com/

12:57 am  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Coffeebigplz: Chuckles. So sweet of you to write a memo to my boss on my behalf (especially love the nice man bit you tossed in). But my guess is, she would say, I deserve a holiday myself, why don't you stand in for me...argh.

Blog Virgin: You're right. It's just "one of those days" :) The thing is, because of certain commitments that I cannot get out of, I've to make do with delayed gratification (so, I'm definitely going to Italy at the end of the year)

If you've time to kill, tell me what you think about my Most Men Are Needy? entry (click on the link on below my profile, on the right hand corner of my blog).

2:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Wellbutrin xl highest suggested dosage Brazzaville mobile phones Car+alarm+sounds strapped into wheelchair wellbutrin xl extended release tablet chongqed Xanax and zithromax Car sterious dvd monitors Gohic home decor surveillance cameras b.c. 18 hp nissan boat motor 2 cycle 2003 subaru forester review wellbutrin sr

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home